We are looking for a team member who is driven and excited to learn something new every day! The Policy Department is responsible to ensure that all policies associated with each transaction are issued in a timely manner. The Policy Manager must be able to multi-task, provide direction to employees, and handle client communication. The manager must understand the different types of policies and endorsements issued for each transaction. They must be detail-orientated and willing to hold people accountable, as the policy process has the highest risk of liability.
Ideal candidates are positive, happy people that have a passion for working. If you are the type of person that is passionate about your work and is not willing to produce mediocre results, you are a good candidate for this position.
- Determine which policy type is needed and issue policies accordingly
- Correct any errors which are found on existing policies
- Work with workshare partners to obtain policies in a timely manner
- Ensure all emails and communications are answered within established timeframes
- Quality control
- Answer/respond to calls and emails both internally and externally
- Assist with other administrative assignments and projects when required
Skills and Expertise
- University Degree or equivalent knowledge/experience
- Open availability Monday – Friday
- Prior experience in managing people and processes within the real estate industry, specifically real estate abstracting or mortgage processing
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Programs, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong attention to detail is required as all positions involve responsibility for ensuring accuracy on critical real estate and mortgage lending documents
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule with extended hours when required (especially at end of month)
- Capability to understand and operate successfully within an action-based workflow software system
- Must be comfortable interacting with clients tactfully in high-pressure customer service situations
- Proficiency in typing, knowledge of basic computer functions such as using PDFs, navigating online assessor/county websites
The opportunity is here if you’re ready for it. We take great pride in the work we do and the talented people who work with us. We’re always looking for highly skilled, driven people who value a collaborative, open environment and a flexible, professional culture.