We are looking for team members driven and excited to learn something new every day! The Curative Department is responsible for obtaining all curative evidence necessary to clear items from title that would be impediments to issuing a clear title insurance policy at the close of the transaction. The department obtains various documents such as payoff statements, releases, subordination agreements, judgment searches, bankruptcy searches, Patriot Act searches, homeowner’s insurance binders, homeowner’s association statements of account, deeds, loan applications (1003s) and credit reports, affidavits and borrower identification. The department is also responsible for confirming these documents reasonably clear items such as mortgages, judgments and other liens or potential risks from title. The Curative department also communicates directly with Solidifi’s clients, borrowers, sellers, banks, asset management companies, attorneys, realtors and other outside parties to resolve title issues, prepare files for closing, and confirm they meet the lender’s requirements and title insurance underwriter’s requirements.
Ideal candidates are positive, happy people that have a passion for working. If you are the type of person that is passionate about your work and is not willing to produce mediocre results, you are a good candidate for this position.
- Obtain payoffs for mortgages and liens on title
- Obtain mortgage and lien releases to clear title
- Obtain subordination agreements at clients request
- Clear judgement, bankruptcy, and Patriot Act hits based on borrower/seller information provided by client and/or borrower/seller representation
- Confirm tax information provided by tax offices
- Verify vesting on title matches borrower and/or seller info as anticipated by client and borrowers and/or sellers
- Review title to ensure all curative issues are identified and resolved
Skills and Expertise
- University Degree or equivalent knowledge/experience
- Open availability Monday-Friday
- Prior industry experience in mortgage processing, title, closing, and escrow is preferred, but not required
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to multitask
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule with extended hours when required (especially at end of month)
- Capability to understand and operate successfully within an action-based workflow software system
The opportunity is here if you’re ready for it. We take great pride in the work we do and the talented people who work with us. We’re always looking for highly skilled, driven people who value a collaborative, open environment and a flexible, professional culture.