The Property Search Specialist is responsible for completing title searches within company and client guidelines and communicating professionally with outside entities to resolve search related issues. Various sources of information are used to compile property data, including title plants, abstracting software, and online resources.
The Property Search Specialist will obtain documentation via phone, email and fax from outside sources to ensure accurate and timely completion of the assigned order.
Exceptional attention to detail, analytic ability, and strong communication skills are needed to perform successfully in this role.
- Searches county and judicial records using various title plants, software and online resources
- Updates property title searches and judgment searches
- Orders title and judgment document copies, via phone call, email, or fax, from the county recorder, clerk of the court, and/or outside abstractors if unavailable via online search resources
- Checks bankruptcies and Patriot Act blacklist website on property owners
- Searches online tax records to create tax certifications
- Obtains tax information from the tax assessor’s office via phone call, email or fax, when tax information is unavailable online
- Processes document retrieval requests from internal teams
- Fields incoming emails received through Resware platform and works to identify/resolve subsequent issues accordingly
- Accepts and reviews search packages from outside abstractors to ensure client requirements and quality standards were met
- Other duties as assigned by department management
Skills and Expertise
- Open availability Monday – Friday
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule with extended hours when required
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to assess performance trends and identify issues in advance through reports
- Possess a high level of accountability
- Ability to work independently and remain self-driven
- Ability to multitask
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Programs
- Strong attention to detail
- Capability to understand and operate successfully within an action-based workflow software system
The opportunity is here if you’re ready for it. We take great pride in the work we do and the talented people who work with us. We’re always looking for highly skilled, driven people who value a collaborative, open environment and a flexible, professional culture.